TERMINATION OF RESIDENCY
If you are planning to leave Australia, New Zealand or the South Pacific Countries permanently then you may apply for a certificate of change of residency (CCR).
The Certificate of change of residency (Certificat de Changement de Residence – CCR): was established in order to enable Algerian expatriates, planning to return home permanently, after having lived at least three (3) years aboard, to be exempt from customs duties and other taxes on a limited value on personal belongings, including a motor vehicle.
- The applicant must be registered at the Embassy as principal;
- Being resident abroad for at least three (3) years, uninterrupted;
- The applicant must not have benefited already from a CCR;
- The CCR is granted once only to the head of the family (spouse and minor children are not entitled to it);
- The CCR is valid for six (6) months from the date of issue and cannot be extended;
- Declared items on the inventory list should under no circumstances be altered or modified. The addition of other items may result in the cancellation of the CCR by Algerian Customs;
- The total value of the declared items, including a new car, must not exceed the amount of:
4.000.000 DZD for the students;
5.000.000 DZD for others.
The documents required to apply for for a certificate of change of residency “CCR” are:
Declaration of honour form, duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
Inventory list of personal belongings including a new car, duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Original of the valid consular registration card;
- Copies of the pages 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the passport;
- Copy of a valid residency visa, delivered by the Immigration Department;
- Proof of address (any copy of the last utility bill);
- Payment of the stamp fees. The amount is calculated on the basis of the documents to be legalised and the total amount of the inventory provided by the applicant;
- Prepaid Registered Post envelope for the return of the documents.
- A new touristic vehicle, with an engine size that must not exceed 2100 cm3 (for Petrol model) or 2500 cm3 (for Diesel model);
- Or a new light commercial vehicle that the gross weight (Poids total en charge) must not exceed 5.950 tons;
- Or a two wheel vehicle subject to registration (Motor Bike).
- Please note that a 25% tax is imposed on vehicles which capacity is between 1800 cm³ and 2100 cm3 (for Petrol models) and between 2100 cm³ and 2500 cm³ (for Diesel models);
- In accordance with the Algerian Customs rules, the presence of the holder of the CCR is now required when completing customs formalities in Algeria. The power of attorney (procuration) is not accepted.
MAP OF ALGERIA