VISA FOR ALGERIA
- The Embassy handles visa applications made by citizens of the following nationalities: Australia, New Zealand, Timor Leste and the South Pacific countries;
- Any incomplete application, including the form, will be rejected;
- Both forms must bear the original signature of the applicant;
- Visa applications sent by fax or email are not accepted;
- Processing of an application may be delayed if prior agreement by Algerian Authorities is required. Furthermore, the Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation from applicants;
- The processing time may vary according to the nationality of the applicant and the visa type;
- The date of departure does not affect the processing time of the visa;
- The Embassy is not responsible for delays due to postal services. Please take note of the code bar number of your recorded envelope to be able to track your returned mail;
- Two (02) copies of the application form fully completed and signed by the applicant;
- Two (02) recent passports sized photos;
- A passport valid for at least six (06) months;
- Travel insurance;
- Proof of payment: (copy of bank transfert receipt, with applicant’s name as reference);
- Proof of residency in the countries listed above for other nationalities;
- Prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope for returning the passport(s);
- Additional document, depending on the type of visa.
- Invitation or sponsorship letter from a company in Algeria;
- Letter of the employer stating the position held by the applicant and the purpose of the visit.
- If the applicant is a spouse of an Algerian citizen:
- Copy of the current Consulate Registration Card of their spouse;
- Copy of the marriage certificate issued by the Register Office or a copy of the Algerian family book.
- Original of the accommodation certificate duly certified by the local authorities (Town Hall) in Algeria (Certificat d’hébergement légalisé par l’A.P.C.);
- Document bearing proof of relationship between the applicant and the person or the family inviting them.
- Copy of a confirmed return ticket;
- Provide itinerary details including approximate dates and location to be visited;
- Copy of the accommodation certificate duly certified by the local authorities (Town Hall) in Algeria (Certificat d’hébergement légalisé par l’A.P.C.) including the name of the person inviting you, their relationship to you and the address where you will be staying during your visit to Algeria, or copy of confirmed booking hotel, or official invitation from Algerian Travel Agency;
- A “work permit” issued by the Algerian authorities, department of labor;
- Original of the work contract;
- Letter in which the employer certifies to undertake full financial responsibilities for repatriation of their foreign workers upon completion of their work contract;
- Letter of the employer stating the position held by the applicant and the purpose of the visit;
- Invitation letter from Algerian partner;
- Photocopy of the press card;
- List of technical and audiovisual equipment taken by the reporter;
- Project of coverage activities explaining the motivation of the mission, the wishing interview list and a program;
- A valid visa or required documentation for entry to the country of final destination;
- A valid ticket for the country of final destination;
Bank account details:
|Beneficiary Bank||Commonwealth Bank of Australia|
|Account name||EMBASSY OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF ALGERIA (OHB)|
- Payment by Credit Card, Western Union, Personal Cheques or Money Order, are not accepted.
- The Embassy will not accept any money for courier services. All courier services are to be arranged by the applicant.
- All bank charges to be paid by the applicant. The exact fees must be received by the Embassy, otherwise, visa(s) will not be issued.
- Please note that these fees are non-refundable if your visa request is refused or cancelled.
|Diplomatic (private visit)|
|Business – Work – Tourist – Family|
|Cultural – Press|
|Other categories (one entry)|
|Other categories (multiple entries)|
|Diplomatic (private visit)|
|Business – Work – Tourist – Family – Cultural|
Papua New Guinea
|Press – Study – Family – Cultural – Tourist – Business – Transit|
|All categories||50 $|
|Family – Tourist – Business||40 $|